CCAR Data Viewer Instructions
There actually isn't too much to say here, as most of the instructions are on the associated data viewer pages. We have tried to make the forms as easy as possible to use, and here are a few suggestions:
- - There is a hyperlink above the major sections of each viewer. Click the hyperlink to view the instructions for that particular section.
- - Some of the pull down menus are long, and it is not convenient to scroll/search manually. Once a pull down menu is selected you can type the value you would like and then press enter key to select the value.
- - You can use the tab key to jump forward between selection fields (or shift-tab go backwards). For example, if you are trying to enter the lat/lon of a region, select the first box, type in the value you want, press enter, then press tab to move to the next box, and repeat.
- - Some parts of the form are linked. Thus changing the selection of one part of the form may automatically update another part of the form. One example is the "defined region" pull down menu. When you select a region the, "west", "east" "south" and "north" regions will be updated.
- - Selecting certain options will also make other options appear or disappear. One example is the "overlay option" radio button on the SSH grid viewer pages. Selecting the "MODIS CHL" overlay will make a options set of range, composite days, satellite, etc. appear.